Sunday, January 29, 2006

Financial Priorities

I do fine, financially. Don't need for anything. Definitely want for things, but that's ok. However, like most women I think that the way I prioritize financially is interesting. Case in point: the sports bra.

I need a new one. Badly. Here is the one I wear now:












I have had it since freshman year of college - almost nine years. The elastic is totally shot. It is almost yellow with age. It is so ineffective at performing it's duties that I actually have to wear it over another bra for it to at all work.

But the new one that I want is $30. So I procrastinate buying it.

Yet last week I went out to eat three times, bought new work pants, stocked my home bar a bit, and made hotel reservations in Paris. However, I still couldn't bring myself to shell out $30 for a much needed support garment.

So there you have it folks. To Rees, food, friends, drinking, and travel are important. The well-being of her breasts in spinning class - not so much.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

That's pretty gross man.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god...

Get a new bra...get one NOW.

Thats just nasty hun...really nasty.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Calm down, people. I was stretching the truth about the yellow-ness. Some people call it "exaggerating for dramatic effect". Some people call it James Frey-ing. I promise I won't do it in my book...

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can totally relate on a level of MY son I think.............my older generation will not always buy things even ones needed like this but not usually due to a trip to Paris.......more like food on the table I think! Or a trip to the Vet or Kennel for the dog am babysitting........Love your attitude as it is YOURS but not always so understanding when my boys.......keep on writing......will be interesting to see if can post again........I am still a real novice with technology and really not a fan esp when pushing buttons on the PHONE..............Off to bed......Love Lorel yes the mother of TROY.........

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again so proud........I did it...

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home