Friday, October 31, 2008

Now I want a burrito bol

When I lived on the East Coast I went to Chipotle at least a few times a month. I could not get enough of burrito bols and crispy carnitas tacos. Here in the Bay Area, where chain restaurants are as hated as Republicans, there are significantly fewer around. So sadly, it has been months since I have consumed Chipotle's goods.

However, since seeing this article on Serious Eats today, my cravings for the cheesy, meaty, sour creamy goodness have renewed and reached new heights. And as a bonus - now it appears that I don't even have to feel guilty for embracing the chain that was once owned by McDonalds! Their commitment to local ingredients and sustainable farming make it a justifiable choice for even the snobbiest of foodies.

Mark my words - these words will be passing through my lips within the next week:

"Hi, there! Burrito bol for here. Black beans, carnitas, mild salsa, cheese and sour cream... Can I have some extra cheese, please? Thanks. Yes, guac. $1.50 is fine. And some chips and a soda. Thanks!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

Erin, totally unrelated to your blog. I'm trying to reach Richard Litsch of the now closed Solitudes Wines. Your blog came uo in a google search. I'm really trying to locate his wife, Marylou. We were best friends in school in Vacaville, CA in the mid 70's. If you can help at all, my email is carol.fox@gmail.com. Just pass it on to him...I have no other way to reach them. BTW - I love your blog.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home