Saturday, October 04, 2008

Thursday evening

Him: "So you have to go to Rainbow Grocery store! It's absolutely amazing, and the greatest concentration of hippies you've ever seen."

Me: "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah! So I'm there today looking in the dairy aisle, and guess what they had?"

"What?"

"Goat butter."

"Shut up!"

"I'm not joking! I nearly passed out from excitement. But I held back because I really didn't want some fat hippie lady giving me CPR."

"Yeah, I don't want some fat hippie lady making out with you either - even if it is to save your life. So did you get the butter?"

"Hell yeah! How about this for dinner - goat butter on challah bread, and a side of fried plantains? I got some of those too."

"Ok, but we have to also open up a bottle of wine. I can't watch this debate without a drink in my hand."

"Ok."

A few minutes later...

"Hey, where is the butter?"

"Um, it's in here with me. You'd better keep watch, or I'll eat it all. Did I tell you that when I was a little girl, bread a butter was all I ever wanted to eat? I would ask for it for dessert. My grandfather and my mother fought over how much I was allowed to have."

"Ok, that's the hottest thing I've ever heard."

"Thanks."

"I think I might have put too much salt on the plantains."

"That's the hottest thing I've ever heard."

I could go on, but I won't continue to bore you with mundane foodie conversations...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home