Monday, November 10, 2008

Back to Basics

So as you can see, there's been a lot going on with me lately, career-wise. It's funny because only when deflating from the stress do I really realize how bad it was. Now that I'm officially done with my import job, I'm free to take a few breaths and look around. When I do that, I realize that I'd been feeling out of touch lately. Working for one company can come with some great perks, but you tend to get stuck in a rut of experiencing only their products.

Since acting on the decision to move forward, I've had an insatiable desire to just get back to basics, wine wise. Right now my absolute Utopia would be to work for a wine store again, wandering through the aisles, touching the labels, daydreaming about the stories behind them, and tasting regularly with the vendors who come in. I feel like my overall wine knowledge is slipping, and more than anything I just want to go back to where I started on this journey and quietly immerse myself in the scene out here. I want to taste, and read, and interact with people - customers and insiders alike.

I'm not sure where the job search will eventually lead, but right now I'm planning on doing just that. Kind of like a dancer who goes back to the barre, simply tasting and reading are the best ways I can think to rediscover my center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home