Tuesday, October 18, 2005

No "we" for me

Sometimes I lament about the fact that I'm not in a couple. Seems like it would be nice to have someone to do everything with, check on you, and rub your back at night. But then other times, it seems to me like I couldn't handle having someone hanging on to me all of the time.

Here's the story - so in my recent skirmish to move to NYC it seems that I have inspired others to do the same. Now I'm not so sure how my timing is going to work out, and I've got people calling me all day with a "We can do this," or "we can live here," or the absolute worst one of all, "we can motivate each other!"

Ok, I don't need help in the motivation department. When I decide to do something, I do it. No questions asked. And I don't want unsolicited advice on how to do it. And I REALLY don't want sentences like "You can do it!" and "Things will work out, you'll see!" thrown at me. I KNOW I can do it. I KNOW that things will work out if I decide I want them to.

Frankly, I also have no desire to be that cheerleader for someone else, either. I'm not going to hold someone's hand through this New York move. If you want to move up as the same time as me, GREAT. Let's do it. But I can't be responsible for you and your decisions.

Hmmm... does that make me cold?

Oh well. It's the way I am. Let's talk about something more pleasant - like the kick ass leather boots that I got for $20 at a consignment shop on Sunday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home