Monday, October 24, 2005

Rain, rain

I'm snuggled in my queen sized, wrought iron bed, with a down comforter wrapped around me, my cat on my lap, and a good book in my hands. I can hear the rain outside beating on my windows. The soft yellow light of my bedside lamp makes my bedroom look wonderfully inviting.

What a perfect evening. It's the kind of night I've loved ever since I was little. Back then I thought it was weird that I actually enjoyed rainy days, but now I allow myself to truly relish in them. Sure, tonight it was no fun getting out of my car while trying to open my umbrella and lug my packages, all the while getting my pants legs soaked and praying that there wasn't a hidden puddle, but once I was safely inside my cozy apartment it was heavenly. I piddled around, put things away, chatted with friends on the phone, did some dishes, and watched a few of my favorite new Monday night sitcoms (which are unchallenging in a refreshingly lazy way) - all activities that are becoming cathartic rituals in my single, living alone life.

I can honestly say that I love it. I hope the rain keeps up all night and doesn't stop until right before I have to leave my nest and head to my car in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home