Monday, November 20, 2006

Good intentions

The delivery drivers at my company are my best friends. Hardworking and sweet, they always go out of their way to help me out. So I go out of my way to say thank you by periodically baking them treats.

Oh, who am I kidding? I just like having people to bake for.

So since they helped me out a lot last week with a 38-case delivery on Wednesday and a 15-case drop for a party that had bought wine from me on Friday, I decided to kick it up a notch this time and make something a little more difficult - these pecan bars that I saw on Barefoot Contessa.

Ina makes everything look so easy.

So Sunday evening I set out on my adventure. 9 sticks of butter, 2 pounds of pecans, 4 cups of sugar, and one small oven fire later I had to throw in the towel, and throw away my mess.

I could break it down and figure out where it all went wrong, but it's really a moot point. And now I have nothing to give my drivers. Oh well, maybe next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home