Monday, June 02, 2008

Tales from the road: Recent conversations with my gays

Friday in NYC with Blake (who has asked me to be his date to a wedding in Napa in July):

"Oh my gosh, your hair is getting so long!"

"Yeah, I should have trimmed it before I left Richmond, but just didn't have time."

"No, it looks great. I love it."

"Thanks!"

"Don't change it before the wedding - it'll look great in the photographs."

Sunday driving down I-80 somewhere in Indiana with Jason (great friend from high school who lives in San Fran already):

Ring, ring.

"Hey! I'm in Indiana!"

"Uh-huh, yeah. Look, quick question. We're buying Madonna tickets - are you in?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Great. Concert is in November. We're getting six tickets - one is yours."

"Awesome."

"I know, aren't we good gays? Working Ticketmaster the second the Madonna tickets go on sale?"

"I think tears are welling up in my eyes right now. I'm so excited to already have my San Fran posse looking out for me before I even arrive."

"You know it, girl. Gotta run - we've got brunch plans at noon!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home