Monday, December 12, 2005

Mr. Peacock has a past

A rather upset woman knocked on the window of my office mate and motioned for her to come outside. When she got there, she was informed that this woman wanted her peacock back.

Apparently, Mr. Peacock used to reside in and about an office complex a bit down the road from us. He lived there in relative peace for about 5 years when a few weeks ago he somehow got chased by a dog. He flew the coop, and decided to head for sunnier pastures - our pastures.

And now this woman, who works in the other office complex, wants him back. I have no idea how she planned on going about getting him back, but he is missed over there and they would like the opportunity to feed him and gawk at him some more. I'm not sure how the situation was resolved, but this morning Mr. Peacock was sitting outside my window waiting for me to get in to work so that he could ask how my weekend was. I guess he's staying with us after all.

Hearing about his dog trauma struck a cord in my coniving heart. Instead of plotting to pluck a feather off of him, perhaps now I'll switch my concentration to trying to find one that has already fallen off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home