Thursday, December 08, 2005

Waking up in dreams, going to sleep in life

"I haven't told you about The Process?"

No.

I had started it. I mentioned an article that I had read that basically said that you can completly change your life by waking up every day and thinking in a positive attitude. Knowing that things will go well will somehow make it happen. The idea fascinated me because, if nothing else, it was much more fun to walk around with a positive attitude rather than constantly thinking of unpleasant things.

She went on to describe The Process. Basically, you meditate about what you want in life, and it eventually appears. A relationship, a job, whatever. You wake up every day and give thanks to God, the Universe, yourself, whoever or whatever you believe in, for what you want as if you already have it.

I decided it was worth a try.

So, I now wake up every day and concentrate on being excited about what is to come. Excited about the special relationship that, for all I know, could already be in the works. And you know what? It's fun! It gives me a tingle of excitement and a lift in my step to be able to enjoy the things in my present and look forward to even better things in the future. I like it.

But one thing that I've noticed changing is my sleep paterns. For one thing, it's taking me much longer to fall asleep at night. It's like as soon as my head hits the pillow my mind starts spewing all of the negative thoughts that I've been pushing aside by my daytime positive outlook. So I'm finding myself lying awake for an hour or more mulling over things that have angered me or saddened me lately. It's like I haven't had time to think about them during the day because I've been so consciously thinking about all of the great things and now that I'm tired my mind doesn't have as much control and defaults back to the unpleasantness.

So I lie there and work things out in my head until I fall asleep.

And interestingly enough, when I do go to sleep I dream of those wonderful things that I've been thinking about all day - the peace in relationships, the comfort of a family of my own, and the security of love. It's been really nice.

So in the end I don't mind allowing my mind to work out the unpleasant stuff while I'm trying to fall asleep, because I know it will be worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds a little bit like creative visualisation (books by Shakti Gawain).

It never worked for me though, I guess I wasn't trying hard enough!!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home