Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Funk

Maybe it's the after-travel blues. Maybe it's because I've been fighting a chest cold. Maybe it's because I knew that all that was waiting for me at work was a day of printing things for people and making folders.

Whatever the reason, I had a hard time getting up this morning.

I'm starting to feel that familiar shade being drawn over my life. I know what is coming. I'll always be tired, not really feel like going out. I won't be able to pinpoint exactly why I feel like this, and will try several diversionary tactics to get myself out of it.

Probably what will eventually happen is that I'll make some huge change in my life, like move to a different city or change jobs. It will work for a while.

Maybe I just haven't ever found the one distraction that really helps. The one distraction that doesn't eventually become some kind of boring routine. But now it's seeming like the shade will always come back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know of a great distraction by the tune of "Let's have a dinner party consisting of breakfast foods and mimosas." If nothing else, we'll use cooking to fill the void.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the need to leave another comment so that the grammatically incorrect "1 comments" is no longer staring back at me.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Plus, the more comments you leave, the more internet-famous I seem. :)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home