Tuesday, November 29, 2005

An act of Serendipaciousness?

This weekend I went to San Francisco. In the midst of hanging out with friends, eating more than my body weight at the Brazilian BBQ, shopping with Esh, and scoring free tastings in wine country (ha ha, being a professional pays off) I managed to squeeze in - LUNCH WITH MY HIGH SCHOOL BOYFRIEND.

Yes, the high school boyfriend who I think I might still be in love with. Yes, the high school boyfriend who my mind and heart always go back to when I end something with anyone else. Yes, the high school boyfriend who I have recently regained contact with. Yep, that's the one.

It was weird. It was awkward. It was awesome.

On the flight home, I thought about him all day. Should I try to keep closer in touch with him, or should I let it go?

"No day but today, I do not regret the things I've done only those I did not do, and every other seize the day cliche!"

OR

"Crazy girl in her late 20's clings to some abstract connection because of a lack of anything else in the love department?"

I had pretty much convinced myself to not confess my undying love and just let it go, when I got home from 12 hours of traveling and finally had a chance to check my e-mail. In my inbox was a screaming subject line with his name on it.

Someone from high school, who I haven't seen or talked to in, oh, 8 years had gotten my name off of some reunion list and e-mailed me asking if I happened to have my ex's contact information. Apparently he's lost touch with his boys and they're trying to find him.

Let's recap: I haven't seen my ex in 8 years. The day after our get together, some completely random person e-mails asking for his contact information.

This is completely messing with me. Am I in "Serendipity"? Is it the universe that keeps revealing him to me, or is it just a weird coincidence?

Please e-mail me with feedback - I need help to figure out my next step!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home