Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rees Overanalyzes Something: Case # 342987

Last night at the grocery store I went through one of those U-pay lines where you scan and pay for everything without the aid of a cashier. I paid with cash and bent down to get my change. While I was waiting for my $3 to spit out I noticed that there was already a ten dollar bill in the tray.

I looked around. No one was coming for it or talking to a manager about it or anything. So into my wallet it went.

I was a bit torn. Had I seen the person who forgot it I would have definitely told them about it and given it back. But it could have been there for an hour for all I knew, and finding $10 is nice.

So the question is this: is this good luck or bad karma?

5 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

if there was no line, and no old lady departing the store as you came to the change tray. no obvious potential suspect as you making sure no one saw you grab the hamilton and jam it in your pocket...well then, i say Good Luck. there is no way for the super market to identify that person so it's just going to go into some workers dinner at Baja Fresh. i say the limit is $29. if you had pocketed anything above $30, then thats bad karma. like if your grubby fingers had stuffed your purse with $90 bucks and bailed you would definitely get food poisoning or your house would be robbed later in the week.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

You are on a roll girl!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Lanahan said...

It's all about the Hamiltons, baaaby!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Give $5 of it to charity...

That way, you gain, but you're helping someone else too!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

good point Beth, put $5 aside and buy me Taco Bell when i come through Richmond.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home