Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Top Ten Restaurants, in no particular order

I've decided on a new series on this blog, inspired by a client of mine. A few weeks ago, we drove up to DC together for one of my importer's Barolo presale tastings, and stayed or dinner. The place was fantastic, and on the way home my client declared that it was now "in his top ten".

"Top ten?"

"Yeah, my top ten favorite restaurants. I had to knock another one off of the list to make room, but this one is really worthy."

"You keep a running list of your top ten favorite restaurants in your head?"

"Yeah," he grinned at me while pulling his car onto 95S. "What would be in your top ten?"

"Um... wow, I'd really have to think about it." I stuttered. I rambled off two or three, but realized that before I could really answer the question that I'd have to really ponder what great restaurant experiences I've had in the past ten years or so.

Of course, there would be a lot of factors in making up my list. Of course, an amazing dining service is very important. But also, the experience, the company, and the place that it was in my life was obviously going to have huge impact.

So I thought about it. And made some decisions. So in the next few weeks, I'll be writing about them.

Bon Appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home