Sunday, February 11, 2007

Best Birthday Memory - '07

Some of you might remember last year, when this happened on my birthday. Well, thankfully this year there were no psuedo-fights with other restaurant patrons, but I do have one favorite moment from the cocktail party that a bunch of my friends and both sets of parents came to.

My father and my stepfather were making small talk (flows much easier now that my father seems to be over the whole "you married my ex" thing), and joking about a bunch of different things. At some point I happened to overhear this:

Dad to Stepdad, out of nowhere: "So here's a question for you - are you going to enter the paternity race? Are you Anna Nicole's baby-daddy?" Then, after sharing a few good dirty-old-men chuckles, they started talking about their vasectomies.

Maybe it's weird, but I genuinely found the whole conversation to be pricelessly amusing in its pure oddness, and was glad that I caught it. One of those great slices of life, ya know?

Happy Birthday to me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story completely made my day. I feel like it's straight out of a David Sedaris book. How fun. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Leah McCombe said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday, Erin! I loved that night last year...hope you have many more zany memories for this year.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home