Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Yet another networkng site

In the last week or so, a few blogs that I read regularly have been chirping about a new website called She Writes that is basically a networking and support forum for women writers all over the world. I think it's a great idea, with a lot of potential inspiration, so I signed up.

I used to think of myself as a sort-of writer, but lately haven't. It's something that I used to feel pretty confident about, but, like singing and Pilates, seems to have fallen off the list of "Things I'm Good At". But the thing is - I can still sing really well, I'm just not in classically trained-shape anymore. And if I went to a Pilates class, I wouldn't embarrass myself or anything, I'd just be sore the next day. So even though I don't necessarily feel like I belong in the company of the women on this site right now, I'd like to. I think that writing is still somewhere in me, I just need to discipline myself and practice again.

And lord knows, if there is a social networking site somehow involved, I'm all for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous cynthia newberry martin said...

She Writes is lucky to have you. And thinking about writing is the first step.

BTW,what you do on this blog is writing! : )

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home