Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Like a moth

I used to come back when I was upset and needed a venue that was good for talking furiously fast, releasing stress, and getting out energy.

I used to come back when I was missing friends and needing a pseudo-intellectual fix.

I used to come back, even though I was afraid to, worried that I might miss it too much and start to ache.

I used to come back to escape the dullness of everyday life.

But my life isn't dull anymore. I'm not upset, or unhappy, or afraid. However, I still come back.

I realize now that I am drawn to the city, without excuse or reason. Part of me belongs there. The energy. The people. The rhythms. The intellect. It is like a flame, and I can't help it.

I just go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home