Thursday, July 05, 2007

Simply Not Interested

You know, I tried. Really, I did. It's just that... well... I'm not interested in you.

I don't think it's because it's too soon after my last less-than-stellar experience.

I don't think it's because you ran out of gas on the way to our first date, and that I'm too unforgiving of weaknesses.

I don't think it's because I'm subconsciously pushing away someone who could be really sweet.

I really did explore all of those things as possibilities for why I can't get excited about you.

It's just that, for whatever reason, I see hanging out with you as more of a liability than a fun thing.

It's just that, when you reach out to touch me, even just a pat on the shoulder, I cringe.

It's just that, I'm really getting into the groove of doing my own thing right now, and don't want to invest myself into anything that isn't 100% electrifying.

It's just that, there's too much friend-fun-potential right now in my life to waste time on something that isn't just as gratifying, if not more.

It's just that, I'm finally embracing my standards again and allowing myself to follow my instincts.

And the truth is, I'm simply not interested.

I'm sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home