Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Eventual Memior

In the last few days, I've had some ideas for posts. There are several Italy stories that I haven't told yet, for instance. Or I could be writing about the totally lame tasting that I did last night for some neighborhood association in the suburbs. I should find some witty, jubilant way to announce to all five of my readers that I get to go back to Italy again in two weeks (!) before I move out west. I even considered doing a post about how I haven't gotten my usual amount of sleep in the last few weeks because there is just too much going on right now to let my mind go idle for more than six hours at a time (I'm usually a luxurious 8-hours-a-night kind of girl).

But the thing is, I'm having a hard time doing it. How do I put into words everything that I'm feeling right now, everything that is going on in my life, everything that is going through my head? In times like these, I simply can't organize my thoughts. So I find myself fervently making lists, attempting at least to chronicle these times, so that years later when I look back on this amazing, blessed life that I am leading, I'll be able to be more poignant and really explain what happened.

So if most posts in the near future seem to be clipped, or are literally just lists, please humor me, and know that right now I am mainly just collecting info for my eventual memoir, which I'm currently titling "Purses, Paninis, and Prosecco". Think "Adventures on the Wine Route" meets Sex and the City, or something like that.

Incidentally, I love asking people this question, so all of you please tell me - what would you title your autobiography?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Trey said...

have you related the cab/sweater incident. I think that would rule :)

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Erin said...

Don't worry - I'm sure the memoir won't be all rosy, happy stories. I'll be sure to include the time I puked out the window of a cab on the 59th Street Bridge, and the time I puked inside my sweater drawer.

Of course, I'll also have to talk about the time I ran into my roommate naked in our living room and he screamed like a girl and then hid from me all day. :)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

My first thought for an autobiography title would be "Dogs Don't Need Diapers, Kids Do." Then there's always, "Spay Your Pets, You Ignorant Fucks," not to be outdone by "America Needs a Helmet and a Harness," any of which would land me a first class ticket straight to hell. Anyone know a good publisher?

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Henley Street Theatre said...

I think mine would be "Seriously?"

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home