Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too much

I woke up last night at about 3am, bothered by something. My tummy, mainly. I had eaten way too much at dinner last night, and my stomach still felt so full it was difficult to get comfortable in bed. No good.

But something else was unsettling. These last few weeks have been great to the point of overwhelming, and I just need a breather. Too much stimulation. Too many new situations. Too much food. Too much wine. Too many social engagements. Too much shopping. Too many emails. Too much to plan for. I don't want to come down from any of the highs I've been experiencing, but I need some kind of break. And furthermore, I feel like kind of a jerk to be complaining right now - I mean, things have truly been awesome.

I just need things to level out a bit, I suppose. I had a very rough few months, and then careened into an awesome few months. And while I am incredibly grateful for the awesome few months, I also am craving a bit of a slow down and a return to normal.

But with the visitor, event, and job schedule of the next few months, it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. Guess I'd just better keep holding on. And stop whining. These are the days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home