Monday, December 19, 2005

What I want

Sometimes I'm sure that I know.

2.3, house in the cool part of the city, rich husband to take care of me, SUV.

Then I change my mind.

A year in France, teaching English and reading in cafes.

A job as a school librarian instilling the young and vulnerable with the importance of reading and opening their minds to the possibilities it can bring to you. Not to mention the summers off.

To be back in New York. Successful career woman, always looking and acting fabulous.

And sometimes what I want is exactly what I have. So-so job in comfy Richmond, lots of friends, the opportunity to do theatre when I want to and the contacts to dabble in the wine world when I feel like it.

This weekend I an old fling spent the night. Not much happened - one thing I know that DON'T want is to be someone's random hookup - but it was nice to wake up with someone there. To have someone to chat with in the morning, and bring me water. Do go get coffee with.

So I guess the one thing that I know that I do want is someone to be with. But the longer I go without someone, the harder it is to imagine someone ever being there. So I try to fight that.

Wherever my imagination and dreams take me, I must to be sure to picture someone by my side.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, Rees.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home