Saturday, October 20, 2007

A bad day?

"You have one - new message," the metallic timbre of the Verizon voicemail lady chirped into my ear.

Beep.

"Hey Erin, it's Erica at Wine.com. Well, today we surrendered our ABC liscence to the state, so now when people order from Wine.com it'll come directly from California and there is no need for our office anymore. So we're finished. I have no idea what I'm going to do... I mean, they said I can work up north through the holidays, but after that, who knows where my life is going to go. So anyway, I just wanted to call and let you know that we won't be ordering from you anymore. And now you know why. So it's been nice... well, I really don't know you. Um... it's been nice ordering from you and not really knowing you I guess. Have a nice life."

Beep.

No joke. That was the message on my voicemail yesterday afternoon. I should have saved it, just in case I'm ever having a bad day and need a lift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home