Monday, October 08, 2007

Reason #298 why I love my Richmond counterpart

Don and I both work in Richmond, sorta tag-teaming the city. Since we have totally different accounts, we rarely actually see each other. But we end up chatting on the phone a lot, sharing insider info and tales from the road. He is a great guy, mid-thirties, father of three, husband of one (luckily). So it is conversations like these that I have come to treasure:

"Dude, I don't know about this new rep working for Tri-Cities. She just doesn't have the look of most of the other reps."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, she looks like they just plucked her out of a freshman English class, gave her a portfolio, and threw her onto the road. I mean, she's really young, and was wearing like cargo pants and sneakers. And one of those Old Navy v-necks."

"Oh." (Mentally racking my brain to try to remember if I'd ever worn anything like that to see clients. Don't think so...)

"I mean, I only know it was Old Navy because my wife has a few."

"Cool."

"And I only know that because I do the laundry in our house. That's right."

"You go, brotha!"

It took me about ten minutes to wipe the grin off my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home